Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blogging!

I love getting on the computer and researching, and putting my thoughts into words. As I haven't been doing any serious free lance writing of late, I thought the perfect solution was to set up a blog. I could write about anything on my mind, add some photos and publish! How hard could that be? I spend a couple of hours at the keyboard everyday anyway, and it will only take a few minutes to "blog" every day. So if that is true, then why is it nearly a month has passed since my last entry?

There are certainly lots of themes floating through my head. Daily life affords plenty of opportunities for taking pictures which seem to add interest to my verbose meanderings. And I have a close friend who chides me occasionally about updating my blog. Could it be that I set up unrealistic expectations that I would make an entry on my blog daily, when perhaps less frequently would be more reasonable? Perhaps managing my time more effectively and finding the most ideal time each day to write is the key to consistent blogging. Most likely, however  the real reason has more to do with self discipline and follow through , and losing the habit of procrastination.

So, to blog or not to blog.  I like the idea of a blog, and can see lots of practical uses for maintaining one. So for the time being, blog I shall, and hereby make a committment to myself and my readers ( whoever or however few they may be) to  make an entry at least a few times each week. We shall see where this takes us all...

1 comment:

  1. Barb: Keep blogging! I'll be glad to nag you about it. More photos! -- Sherrie

    ReplyDelete