Thursday, June 17, 2010

Incredible Recipes

I love to cook- and my very favorite recipes are those that look and taste as if you have spent hours slaving over them, but in reality they are so fast and easy it's almost like magic.
Over lunch the other day, I promised some friends I would share one of my favoite "Out-of-thin-air recipes" (a phrase coined by my daughter).
This recipe is for Lava Cakes- decadent oozey chocolate emerging from the cakey crust when pierced with the fork. We served these to some visitors from Germany the other day- I told them they were "Mount St Helen's Cakes" The lava oozing from within, the strawberries and whipped cream representing the fruits and flowers now growing the the flanks of the volcano, and of course, the snow on the top!
http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2937/lava-cakes.asp

Bon apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Barb,what a wonderful way to share with all of us! I love it!!!Yummy recipe. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, if you haven't tried it already, you need too check out "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day". Their web site is: www.artisanbreadinfive.com. It is soooo easy and sooo good. We love it. Fresh, preservative free bread whenever you want it. Yummy! Rosemeri

    ReplyDelete